1. The Data Controller and Data Processor
The data controller is Caffè Mauro S.p.A., with registered office in Zona Industriale snc, 89018 – Villa San Giovanni (RC), Tax Code, VAT no. and registration number in the register of companies held by the Chamber of Commerce of Reggio Calabria (RC) 00090620808, registered in the Economic and Administrative Repertory under no. RC-44427, in the person of its legal representative pro-tempore, tel. +39 0965 3333, fax +39 0965 757000, e-mail email@example.com, certified e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (hereinafter also the “Data Controller”).
The Data Controller for the provision of services on the Website shop.caffemauro.com is Shopify International Ltd., c/o Intertrust Ireland, 2nd Floor 1-2 Victoria Buildings, Haddington Road, Dublin 4, D04 XN32, Ireland.
2. What are cookies
Cookies are small strings of text that websites visited by the user (so-called “publishers” or “first parties”) or different websites or web servers (so-called “third parties”) install and send to their devices (e.g.: smartphones and tablets) so that they can be sent back to the same websites at the next visit.
Cookies can be stored permanently and have a variable duration (so-called persistent cookies), but they can also disappear when the browser is closed or have a limited duration (so-called session cookies).
Cookies are used for different purposes: performing computer authentications, monitoring sessions, storing information on specific configurations regarding users who access the server, storing preferences, or to facilitate the use of online content, such as keeping track of items in a shopping cart or information for filling out a computer form, etc.; but they can also be used to profile users, i.e., to “observe” their behaviour, in order to send targeted
advertising, measure the effectiveness of the advertising message and adopt consequent commercial strategies. These are known as profiling cookies.
The Site makes use of various types of cookies in order to simplify and speed up the browsing experience and make it more effective.
Cookies can be used to collect information about the user who visits a website (e.g., date and time, web pages visited, time spent on the Website, operating system used, type of browser used, type of device used), some of which may fall within the definition of personal data and therefore be subject to specific legal regulations.
The disabling of certain cookies may compromise the proper functioning of this Website.
4. Cookies used by the Website
Functional, analytical and/or reporting cookies are installed on the Website, by the Data Controller and/or third parties, as better described in the table below.5. User Consent
Users' consent is not required for the installation of technical and analytical cookies.
Profiling cookies or other tracking tools, on the other hand, may only be used if the user has given their consent after being informed in a simplified manner.
6. Disabling cookies
· Giving and/or withdrawing consent to the installation of cookies
1) When visiting the Website for the first time, the user can accept all cookies by performing one of the following actions:
Ø closing the “short” information banner by clicking on the “X” or “OK” in the banner; or
Ø by accessing another area of the Website or by clicking on any element of the page (image or link) outside the banner (with the exception of the area dedicated to this policy and/or the area dedicated to enabling/disabling individual cookies, for details of which see below).
You can change your browser settings to automatically block any cookies transmitted by the Website. If you block cookies, however, you may not be able to browse all the pages of the Website or use certain features. The user may change the browser settings, as follows (the most commonly used browsers are indicated below):
1. Google Chrome:
1. blocking cookies: click on the “Menu” icon in the top right-hand corner and select “Settings”. Click on the “Show advanced settings” link at the bottom of the page and click the “Content settings” button under “Privacy”. A window will open where you can select “Block third-party cookies and site data” and click on “Finish”;
2. deleting cookies: type “chrome://history/” in the address bar then select “Delete browsing data…” followed by “Cookies and other site and plugin data”, ensuring that there is a tick by its name, and press “Delete browsing data”. We recommend that you always check the updated guide by clicking here.
2. Mozilla FireFox:
1. blocking cookies: click on the “Menu” icon in the top right-hand corner and select “Options”. Select “Privacy” from the horizontal menu at the top. Under “Tracking”, select the “Ask sites not to carry out any tracking” option, then click “OK”;
2. deleting cookies: access the options using the menu icon, then select the “Privacy” section. Under history, select “use custom settings”, then click “Show cookies”. A window will open. Type the name of the site whose cookies you want to remove in the “Search” field. A list of cookies relating to your search will appear. Select the cookies you want to remove from the list and click the “Remove Selection” button. To delete all the cookies stored on your device use the “Remove all cookies” button. We recommend that you always check the updated guide by clicking here.
3. Internet Explorer:
1. blocking cookies: click on the “wheel” icon in the top right-hand corner and select “Internet Options”. A window will open where you can select the “Privacy” tab. Click “Advanced” and in the next window select “Replace automatic cookie management”, then select “Block” from the “Third-party cookies” list and – preferably to
maintain the functions of the Website – tick “Always accept session cookies”. Then click “OK”;
2. deleting cookies: select “Tools”, “Internet options”, then “Delete” from the “Browsing history” box. Tick “Cookies and website data” and press “Delete”. We recommend that you always check the updated guide by clicking here.
1. blocking cookies: click on the “wheel” icon in the top right-hand corner and select “Preferences” from the list. A window will open where you can click the “Privacy” icon in the horizontal menu at the top. Under “Block cookies” select “Sponsor and third-party cookies”;
2. deleting cookies: click “Preferences” in the “Tools” menu (combination of CTRL+, keys), then select the “Privacy” section, click “Remove all website data” and confirm the choice. Choose the cookie management policy, selecting an option from those proposed by the program, then close the options window using the closing icon in the top right-hand corner. We recommend that you always check the updated guide by clicking here.
7. Information on the processing of personal data
You can download the documentation at the following link:
Document updated to 7 January 2022 (Ver. 1.0)